Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why marriage.

I might sound sour by saying this. But really, you can't treat marriage as a competition. I have had this conversation with some really good friends who knows me and understand me well, so they know that it's not that I don't wanna be married, but it's just the fact of this road that I'm walking through is yet to have this special someone by my side.

And when I say that he's special, I mean it, with all my heart. The very reason I will say yes to that person, whoever he might be, would be based on the reason that he will fits me well. I can't really say it that well, but that's how I feel. It's not the most handsome, or the cleverest, or the richest, and all and all and all. Oh well, you fell in love with someone who makes you feel good, who makes you comfortable living under your own skin, whom you can have conversations which ends up after long abstract talk saying 'I understand what you mean'.

I mostly was joking around if I say 'So when's the date?' to a friend who already has a girl/boyfriend. But I always think that marriage is a big deal, which takes you into this moment of realization: I am absolutely ready to live by this particular man/woman. It takes that certainty.

Not because you're running out of time. Or the fact by the age of 60 you'd probably retired. Or maybe he's the best guy/girl in 'the market' and you might lose the chance. But you just find someone who cannot bore you in conversations, that you'd always come up with things to talk about, and if you need time to be just quiet sitting side by side, that's also fine. It's this similarity of emotion, of understanding each other's habits and fluctuations.

Oh well, it's just my ideal way in seeing life. People would say other things, of course ;)

*makes me really considering this simple, sacred wedding then big flashy ones -_-'

2 comments:

  1. eh, gak bisa 'like this' kayak di fesbuk yah? ahahahaha...

    but it's so true, peng. kalau ada yang iseng nanya lagi, bilang aja kalo kita ga lagi balapan. hehehe. terakhir2 kalo gue yang ditanyain...gue biasanya jawab : "ntar abis magrib" atau "ntar abis gajian". hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. paling bisa deh lo bu kalo ngasih jawaban yang bikin orang bete sendiri. wakakakak... baiklah, gue catet karena gue curiga ntar pulang ke jakarta bakal tiba2 ada yg merubungin dengan pertanyaan2 iseng tersebut... wakakakak...

    ReplyDelete